Monday, March 21, 2011

(March 14th, 2011 posted a week late) It's a boy!

March 14th, 2011 (posted late because Mom was out of town)

It’s a boy!

Just kidding. But I did have an ultrasound today. Everything is in it´s place... nothing weird going on that they could see. So right now we´re settling with lactose intolerance. But Hermana Collette was really excited to tell her family that I had an ultrasound and one day she´s going to tell my husband that SHE was there at my first one.
She´s a hoot.

We´ve had a good week with LOTS of rain. Our district leader blamed it on the earthquake in Japan, but I say it´s just the changing seasons.  It was always like this in Maryland, with lots of rain and wind and then BAM it´s fall. Just like now. So it´s been cooling down but I´m having fun breaking out the warm clothes again.

So it rained on Sunday which means that nobody went to church... not even that many members. But Cecilia went, just like always! She´s really great, but she´s really struggling to make her kids want to go to church with her. We´re trying to help, but they just need to get in the habit. I´m really grateful that my parents helped me get in the habit of just going to church every Sunday! I can´t imagine what I would do on Sunday if I wasn´t at church...

We´ve been finding new investigators and tracking down the ones we lost track of while I was sick. I´m trying to leave the area with lots of investigators for the next hermana who comes in (this time we KNOW I´m getting transferred out because President told me in my interview... haha). But we´ve got a few investigators who might progress to baptism by the end of the month, we just have to get them to church!!!

I´m really grateful for this time I have to be a missionary and share the gospel. It´s the only time in my life I´ll be able to be dedicated to it 100%!!! And it´s amazing. I´m learning so much as a missionary and I´m excited to see what I have left to learn and who I have left to help. I know that this is the Lord´s work and we always have to look for His guidance. There are SO many people in our area, and surely a TON of them need to hear from us so we´re trying to get more guidance to know where to go. We can´t find those people without Him.
And the missionaries always need the members help! The members often know about people the missionaries will never find and do SO much for the missionary work.

So I´m going to leave you with a challenge for this week: Share your testimony with a friend, even if they´re a member of the church already. It´s the best way to make your testimony grow! And afterwards write to me and let me know how it went!

I love you all, and I hope you have a great week! And I also hope there are no more earthquakes!

Love,
Hermana LaPray

No comments:

Post a Comment