Thursday, October 7, 2010

Summer vacation!

October 6, 2010 Summer Vacation!

Hey everybody!
So President has decided to keep me going on my "tourism mission" and now I´m in Mar del Plata! I´m with Hna. Sandy Wilding from Round Rock, Texas (yes, Daniel, THAT Sandy Wilding) and she is GREAT! She´s getting her gall bladder taken out in a week or two, so that´s kind of a bummer, but we still work well when we can and I´m so excited to be here! Our area is called Puerto, which means port, and it makes sense because we´re about 5 blocks away from the major port here. There are sea lions (they call them sea wolves here), a nice beach, the ocean, lots of crazy boats, and TONS of people. I thought BAHÍA was big, but it was nothing compared to this! But our area is nice and I´m excited! We do have to be home before 8:30 every night because it´s a little more dangerous and the people here are a little more creepy, but I like it.
Everyone says that I´m on the "tourism mission" because I haven´t been more than 2 transfers in any area (and even less than that in some). Most Hermanas with 4 areas are at the end of their mission, but not me! So I´m hoping I´ll stay here a few transfers... like at least 3, but you never know what´s going to happen...
I don´t really have anything exciting to write... Hna. Wilding was on bed rest for a week, then these last two weeks she´s been building up her strength again, and yesterday was her first full day of work in a long time, so we´re doing a lot of contacting to find more investigators. But she thinks I´m good luck because we´re setting a lot more appointments and getting a lot more addresses than she usually gets, so the work should pick up here soon. They do have some good investigators now progressing towards baptism, but they need a little more attention because it´s been hard for the missionaries to get to them. But now that she´s feeling better, we can do a little more. Then she´ll have her surgery, rest for a couple days, and when she feels ready again, we´ll baptize everyone here!
Today for P-day we went to the port and saw all these sea lions... and did you know they have claws on their back flippers and they smell really bad? Also, just this morning our neighbors broke a hole RIGHT in the wall of our shower so now our bathrooms have a window between them, so I am going to my first zone meeting in Mar del Plata smelling like stinky fishy sea lions. Awesome, huh??? Anyway, we also saw the ocean and decided our area extends all the way to the west coast of Africa. So we have a lot of work to do...
I love you all! Thanks for the prayers and support and letters :)

Love,
Hna. LaPray

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete