Monday, October 25, 2010

No more P-day!

October 25, 2010

No more P-day!

No, we didn´t have more mission changes, my companion just decided to get out of bed and stop having p-day every day :) haha, so Hna. Wilding is doing a lot better now (she got her stitches out on Friday!) and we´ve gotten out to work a little more, and she says starting tomorrow we´re going to work all day, every day. So we´ll see how she does! I´m excited to get out of the house more. There´s only so much you can read in the Old Testament before you just get depressed and juggling gets frustrating... But I´m getting better, and I just got through King Solomon´s reign!!! (Why do the good kings always end so bad???)
So this week we had a lesson with our investigator, Aurelia, whose 8 and 9 year-old daughters just got baptized. We had an FHE with an Hermana from the ward and we watched "The Testaments" and Aurelia really loved it. She loves the church´s focus on families and how we really help youth stay strong and not get into drugs. Now we just need to get her baptized... she just doesn´t feel "ready." She totally is, though, so we´re going to set a baptismal date for her when we see her tomorrow. She´s so great, though, and she knows the church is true and it´s something she needs!!! I was talking her on the way to the FHE and she was saying how sad it was when the other Hermana left (the missionary who was here before me) and I told her it´s hard to leave because we get attached to the people, especially because of this message we share. She just kind of looked at me for a second and said "Sí, tiene que ser..." (It HAS to be that.) She´s so great!
Some of our entertaining this that have happened this week:
1. There´s a dog who lives in the house on the ground level behind out apartment building. When we stick our heads out the window, he freaks out an barks at us. I got in some quality dog-bothering time this week.
2. Argentine construction... they´re re-building the building out the OTHER window of our apartment and really they´re just making a mess.
They work from about 10-3, with a lunch break from 11-12:30. I´ve decided to be an Argentine construction worker when I grow up.
So I´m having a great time here and loving the work we get to do! haha. We have some great investigators with baptismal dates... we just need to actually get them to church on Sundays so they can get baptized at the end of the transfer!
I love you all. Thanks so much for everything you do for me. Keep those prayers coming!

Love,
Hna. LaPray

No comments:

Post a Comment