Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Transfers….what???

August 11, 2010

Yep, we got transferred. The Elders´ area was too dangerous for them, so we switched. So now we´re in Bahía centro and it´s different. This is a very pretty, quiet city, especially where we are now.
Unfortunately, transfers with Elders means moving into a dirty house with pretty much everything broken, so we´re working on cleaning everything and getting rid of all the broken tables, plates, windows, and whatever that moldy old thing was I found under my bed...

But I really love this new area!!! The ward is full of old people--it´s the first ward that was ever formed in Bahía Blanca--but there are some great, young leaders who are really animated and excited to help us. A lot of the single sisters are excited to have sister missionaries in the ward because they can´t have Elders in their house to eat. So we have lunch every day and we´re always invited over to eat cake and drink hot chocolate. So far I haven´t gained weight in the mission, but we´ll see what this transfer does to me :)

We still live with the other Hermanas, but this apartment is a LOT smaller and has a lot more problems... it´s going to be interesting to see what happens at the end of the transfer (in a week and a half).
One of the Hermanas is going home, so President Detlefsen might just close this area. Or he might close another area (for the Hermanas). I really hope I get to stay! It´s great here. Especially now that the weather is warming up. We played some futbol today with the Elders for P-day and I think I´m about ready to go pro. I´m pretty much better than Messi. And MUCH more humble. But really, I´m loving this warm weather because it means there are more people outside to talk to :) And they don´t have the excuse that it´s too cold outside to talk about God :)

Mari in Tandil got baptized this week. Hna. Kjar still hasn´t sent me pictures, but she promised she would. I´m sad I wasn´t there for it, but I´m glad that we could find her and bring her the FULNESS of the gospel! And in a year she can go to the temple and be sealed to her husband for time and all eternity--because that´s what we´re here for.
To prepare ourselves and learn for ETERNITY. And that´s a LONG time.
So work hard to deserve it!

Hopefully next week I can tell you how it´s going with investigators and everything. But I´m excited to go out and work to find some people to tell you about!!!

Have a great week, and tell Shawn not to get cold feet on Saturday!
And remember to put up that cardboard cutout of me. I sent the pictures to Summer. Shawn and Summer LaPray... :) I get an older sister! I´m so excited!!!!

I love you all!

Love,
Hna. LaPray

No comments:

Post a Comment