Monday, April 11, 2011

another week....no time!

Sorry, but I only have about 4 minutes left to write this... oops!
This week has been a little crazy. We have some strange blisters in our throats, my companion has some stomach virus, and we are getting a giant crack fixed in our apartment wall... all of that and we're trying to find new investigators. So we're walking a TON (even though this is a small area) and working really hard.

Yesterday we got to go to the baptism of a woman in another ward (because we were the ones who found her :) Nancy Gutierrez has been waiting for 6 years to get baptized. She lived with a member of the Church in our ward until he got cancer and passed away. Unfortunately, she still needed to be divorced and married to get baptized, so she had to wait for her divorce papers to go through (which is a nightmare here). In September that member passed away and she moved to another area, and just recently she came back here to find out how to get baptized. We sent her to the Elders over there and at the end of the week was her baptismal service :) I got to play the piano and my companion and I were waiting for her (with towels :) when she came out of the font. She said she felt wonderful and it was like a dream. We were so grateful to be able to share that moment with her and feel her happiness.

Moments like that really help me to renew my energy with this work.
Even though we don't always see the results right away, eventually people have these great changes in their lives. A member in Mar del Plata told us she had been fasting and praying for Cecilia and her family for 6 years before they were baptized. In these moments the Spirit testifies to me and strengthens my testimony that this really is the true Church of Jesus Christ. People can argue with the things we teach and try to explain away the commandments, but I know that these commandments were not invented by men, they were sent to us from Heavenly Father. Living our lives how He wants us to will make us happier than any other thing in this earth. I love this work and I'm so grateful to be here and see these miracles (like Nancy and Cecilia).

I love you all. In our scripture study this week we found Proverbs 25:25. Study it thoroughly and decide how to apply that scripture in your lives--and in MY life :)

Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Hermana LaPray

No comments:

Post a Comment