Monday, May 16, 2011

President Arnold is coming.....

No, not for zone conference or anything, just for a YSA fireside, but he´s going to stay in my house! O sea, the mission home, but the area president is going to be down the hall from us this weekend. I´m a little scared. Needless to say, this will be the most strictly obedient weekend of my mission.

We had a good week with good lessons and commitments to go to church, but when we went by on Sunday nobody answered their door even to tell us they didn´t want to go... And we passed by EVERYBODY.
Investigators, ex-investigators, inactive members, less-active members--we missed Primary! But nobody... Then we passed by them again in the afternoon but they weren´t there. Ok one family was and they say their roof started raining Saturday night... and their entire house was flooded. So I guess we´ll take that as an excuse for now, but it better not start happening every week!

We´re struggling with Walter, who we thought was so golden at first.
He´s missed church 3 weeks in a row now and we´re going to have to change his baptism date for a second time. But he did just get kicked out of his house and lose his job... he´ll get there, we just need to be a little more patient.

Vanesa is doing well. She´s been reading the Book of Mormon and she likes how she feels when we´re teaching her, but she hasn´t prayed yet to know if the Book of Mormon is true. She said she would do it and we´re going to see her right after internet so hopefully she has good news for us. We want to teach her husband (well, her boyfriend), too, but when we´re there he´s either sleeping or working. Hopefully we catch him today.

We also do have zone conference this week, so I´m going to get to see Hermana Collette and Hermana Tingey! And I´m sure President is going to teach us some cool stuff.

Speaking of President, he and his wife have been learning English and right now their English teacher has them learning the song "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra, so I told President that it´s making me trunky (it´s a joke, I´m not really!!!) and so now whenever he sees me he turns the music off really fast. But he still keeps telling me every day that I go home soon and he shows me the papers he has to fill out for all those missionaries who go home in July. I think he wants me to feel like sudden destruction is right around the corner, but he doesn´t want me to think about home too much. I just keep doing missionary work.

Well I hope everything is going well on that end. I love you all!

Love,
Hermana LaPray

No comments:

Post a Comment