Friday, September 24, 2010

My accent is changing!

September 22, 2010

My accent is changing!!!

So I have some GREAT news from this week! We were in a taxi going home last week, and Hna. Acosta and I were talking when the taxi driver asked her where she´s from. We talked about Paraguay for a little and then he asked, "Y ¿vos sos de Bahía?" (You´re from Bahia?)... but then I explained I was from the Estados Unidos and he told me I spoke great Spanish. Then we got out of the taxi and I told my comp "that was weird... my accent is definitely North American" and she told me that it´s not really that noticeable! So I was REALLY excited about that. One of my mission goals is to come home talking like an Argentine...and when I got here I thought it was going to be impossible, but now I have more .hope for the future.
We went on more divisions this week. This time I went and worked with Hna. Abarzua in La Falda. She has been companions with Hna. Tingey and now she´s Hna. Seegmiller´s companion (both from my district in the MTC). She´s from Chile and she´s really sweet and nice and obedient.
And she´s an amazing teacher. It was a lot of fun to work with her for the day and learn from her. And she cut my hair! Just a little bit, but my first hair cut of the mission. I trusted her to do it because she went to beauty school before the mission and she´s not Argentine (I am convinced that Argentines don´t know how to cut hair).
The work continues here as usual... Martín came to church on Sunday, but Magalí had to work so she couldn´t... But Martín really liked it and made lots of friends and they´re both coming this Sunday. We have to change their baptismal date, so they´ll probably get baptized between conference sessions.
Other than that, we´ve been "killing" investigators who weren´t progressing and looking for new ones. There´s a lot of work to do here!
I am so glad to be here in Argentina. The Church is true! And that´s why I´m here. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live and they love us. They want us to be happy. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, and thanks to Him we can return to the presence of our Heavenly Father and live with our families forever. And be happy for eternity... I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ was restored through Joseph Smith and that this gospel is what we need to be truly happy. I know that we have a prophet today on the earth, and he is Thomas S. Monson. He, his counselors, and the 12 apostles are special witnesses of Christ. They have the authority to lead and guide us in these latter days. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Through it, we can recieve inspiration and spiritual witnesses of eternal truths. I love this gospel and I love this work. We all have a special responsibility to help our brothers and sisters on the earth who don´t have this happiness and truth that we have. I hope that we can always remember these things and do our best to follow the example of our Older Brother, the Savior of mankind, Jesus Christ.
I love you all and I´m praying for you.

Love,
Hna. LaPray

No comments:

Post a Comment