Friday, March 26, 2010

I have pheumonia!

3/23/2010

I have pneumonia! I was trying to think of funny ways to tell you, but they all were funny in my head and didn't make sense when I said them out loud. So I thought I'd just come out and tell you. Fun, right???
It's been a blast! So pretty much all day yesterday I slept and today... I've been sleeping! I'm on some anti-biotics and this intense cough medicine that knocks me out for hours. I should be better by the end of the week.

Other than that, life has continued as normal. Except NOT because last week Elder Cook came to devotional! Yes, as in Quentin L. He gave a great talk and blessing. Sister Cook talked about the power of music and one thing she said that I really liked was "The only thing stronger than truth is truth in a musical setting." Elder Cook focused his talk around D&C 112 and he addressed 3 main points (from section
112 and Preach My Gospel).
1. Teach with the power of the Holy Ghost. Investigators will not remember the THINGS you teach them, but they WILL remember their feelings while you were teaching.
2. Get the investigator to make commitments and then follow through with them. An investigator who is not making and keeping commitments will not progress. As they keep their commitments, they will get personal answers from heaven.
3. Live so the Holy Ghost can inspire your teaching and bear witness of the truth.
It was a really great talk and very exciting to have an apostle come and talk to us!

Thank you so much to Grandma and Grandpa for the cookies and candy! I now have the most favorite grandparents in the district! Also, I read some of mom's letter to my district and they all think she is very funny. Especially that part about Methodists eating their kids...
(Have fun explaining that one, mama!)

Life continues on like normal... We have three districts leaving this week and we're getting three new districts tomorrow... and three new sisters! We're excited to meet the new sisters. I don't know when I'm singing yet, but I'll let everyone know when I get the notice in the mail!

Sorry that this email is shorter than usual. I'm feeling a little (or a lot) out of it so I need to go back to bed!

Have a great week everyone! Stay tuned for next week's installment of Sister LaPray's MTC Madness!

Speaking of Madness, too bad for BYU :( But life goes on and there's always next year!

Love,
Hermana LaPray

No comments:

Post a Comment