Wednesday, December 22, 2010

ISMAIL!!!

December 21, 2010

ISMAIL!!!

This week has been GREAT! Sorry I didn´t get to write a lot yesterday.

We did a lot of teaching (almost doubled our previous lessons) and it really seems like we´re going to keep that up. We´ve got a great teaching pool and there were even a ton of investigators in Church on Sunday. It´s so great to see even though I know it´s not me making those changes in peoples´ lives.

Ismael got baptized on Saturday and it was really amazing. Two hermanos helped him get into the font (he walks with a walker so he needed a lot of help) and then they baptized him in a chair. While we were waiting for him to get dressed we watched part of the video "Special Witnesses of Christ." I HIGHLY recommend it for Christmas. It´s just so powerful and amazing and I really felt the Spirit.
Afterwards, the Bishop bore his testimony and he said, "I´ve been to a lot of baptisms in my life, but this has been one of the most special," and it was really SO special. You could see difficult it was for Ismael to get in the water and get baptized, but that just reinforced how much he real wanted it and how important he knew it was. It´s probably hard to get a 69-year-old man all the way unter that water!

Then yesterday we had "Super P-day" (that´s why I didn´t write :) IT WAS AWESOME!!! We got to play sports so Hna. Tingey and I spent the whole day tearing up the frisbee field and diving after volleyballs.
Well, the whole morning. We only had 3 hours to play, but we really took advantage of them! After that we had an asado, a talent show at night and then a fireside with President. In the talent show we sang "Silent Night" in 4 languages with some missionaries from my zone and then during the fireside I got to accompany an Elder playing "O Holy Night" on the violin (HE played the violin, I played the piano, for those who are confused :). It was just a great, amazing day and it really got me pumped for Christmas.

So, happy first day of summer to all of you popsicles up there. Enjoy the snow for me. I´ll be down here thinking cold thoughts and hoping I don´t melt. I heard it´s even hotter in Tandil so now I´m grateful to be in Mar del Plata.

Thanks for the prayers and I love you all so much! I just love the missionary work and Hna. Collette and I are learning a lot together and seeing a lot of miracles. One more transfer in Mar del Plata and we´re going to do the best we can with our time here! (But everyone keeps telling me I´m just going to the other Mar del Plata area to die, haha)

Love,
Hna. LaPray

No comments:

Post a Comment